Monday, May 9 - 17 mi trainer ride
Muscular endurance ride, 3x10 min in Zone 3 w/ 1 min recoveries, Time: 7:05 pm, Duration: 1:06:35, Avg Speed: 15.3 mph, Loc: Home. Felt: butt still sore from Sunday's ride
Tuesday, May 10 - 5.25 mi Run
Force run, 3 sets of 3 x 6 hill strides, Time: 7:03 pm, Duration: 53:07, Pace: 10:07 min/mi, Loc: Neighborhood, Felt: Started off tired, but finished strong
Wednesday, May 11 - 14 mi trainer ride + 2100 yd swim
Force ride, 3 sets of 3 x 6 hard pedals, Time: 6:38 pm, Duration: 56:04, Avg Speed: 15.0 mph, Felt: Good
Swim, (500WU, 4 x 200 harder effort, 300 drills, 400[25hard,75 easy, 50 hard, 50 easy, 75 hard, 25 easy, 100 hard], 100WD), Time: 8:50 pm, Duration: 44:13, Pace:1:49min/100yd, Felt: surprisingly good to be back in the pool
Thursday, May 12 - Rest
Friday, May 13 - Rest
Saturday, May 14 - Rest
Sunday, May 15 - 11 mi run + 30 mi ride
Endurance run,Time:11:56 am, Duration: 1:55:07, Pace: 10:28min/mi, Loc: Millennium Trail, Felt: like a sunken turd, seriously, debated throwing in the towel at least 50 times
Endurance ride, Time: 7:16 pm, Duration: 1:53:43, Avg Speed: 15.8, Loc: Home, Felt:trainer was boring but legs felt okay
Totals - 6 sessions, 78.45 miles, 7.4 hours
- 1 swim, 2100 yds, 0.7 hours
- 3 rides, 61 mi, 3.9 hours
- 2 runs, 16.25 mi, 2.8 hours
- I forgot how tough training for an Ironman can be! It is hard to fit in all the workouts.
- I definitely did not need to take 3 rest days in a row. Friday I was feeling run down but I still could have fit in a swim or run. Saturday I was having a "woe is me" day. Getting out for a run or ride would probably have made me feel BETTER, but really all I wanted to do was cuddle with my dog
- Training prior to this week has also been a struggle but I am hoping to be consistent in getting workouts in moving forward. Cutting a workout short or not getting every workout in is better than taking too many off days! These training recaps help keep me accountable.
- I am still surprised by how many training hours I got in. But I know I have oh so many more to come.