Ah, hello blog friends. I feel like it has been so long since the last time I wrote a post, probably because it has been a while. I've been busy lately studying for and taking the GRE, working on several class projects, taking exams, and a whole lot of other stuff that needs to get done. I'm also trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, grad school or job and what major and where and a whole lot of other questions that I'm not sure of the answer right now. I should write a whole post on that.
Anywho, I thought I would write a post appropriate for my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is so wonderful to me because the food, our whole family gets together without the stresses that accompany Christmas, the food, and people are generally in higher spirits as they remember to be thankful, and did I mention I love the food? But in all seriousness, it is a wonderful holiday. I thought I would make a list today of some of the things that I am thankful for, in list format none the less.
1. I am thankful that I get to spend the holidays with my family and extended family. I am fortunate enough to have 3 grandparents to also spend holidays with, and I also pray that God will keep him here for many more years.
2. I am thankful that I have a loving and supportive family. Throughout my life they have encouraged me and been there for me numerous times. I know that they will continue to support me no matter what I choose do.
3. I am thankful to have a wonderful best friend/boyfriend. I couldn't say enough about Matt if I tried. He's helped me through a lot and is almost always the person I run to when I need help. He also loves to dance, I know ladies, you are jealous.
4. I am thankful for my health and the health of my friends and family. I hope that this can continue for a long time.
5. I am thankful for the many opportunities I have had in my life. Opportunities to learn more, to travel, to experience new things, to be challenged in new ways. Many of these opportunities have been the result of efforts of my parents, but others have also added to my opportunities.
6. I am thankful for the many friends I have made over the years, both new and old, near and far. I never imagined I would have met and made so many new friends 5 years ago. I remember when I first moved to Iowa City and I spent the first weekend there alone and crying. I thought I would never be able to meet new people because everyone my age was already settled into there group of friends. It's hard to imagine that I was like that now. So I am thankful for the people who went out of their way to help me out when I first moved to Iowa City, for those who invited me out, who called me, who hung out with me. You are wonderful. I am also thankful for those friends I made at Wartburg, even though I don't get to see you nearly enough you are often in my thoughts.
7. So the list for my thankfulness goes on and on, but I am going to cut this one off. I am so lucky for the many wonderful people in my life.
I have some more good ideas for posts so hopefully I will be able to write some more soon.
Happy Thanksgiving (a day late and a dollar short)!!