I have spent the majority of my time in the lovely Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences the last days leaving only to workout, eat, and go home to sleep for a few hours. It's getting a little old. Myself and my lovely engineering friends often refer to it as home. I now present you with a glimpse of my study spot as of late.
I have a blanket because it's chilly in here and all I do is sit around.
I am wearing both toe socks and slippers. Hey, I need to get my feet comfortable and warm.
Everyone always stares when I do this, but I will not put my last toe in the correct toe hole. It's uncomfortable and I don't like to split up the last two toes. As I said today, "They're buddies!"
Yes friends, that is all my stuff. See I should just move in.
That is my caffeine fix so I can stay awake and the yummy sour cream cookies my mom sent me. They are AWESOME!
You may wonder how I transport all this stuff to and fro. Well the answer is simple my friends. Most of my stuff stays here in my locker. Yes, I have a locker at the building. Is this high school? Actually I think I might cry when I have to clean it out in a few days.
And I will leave you with a list of how you know it's finals week.
- You receive a text that says "Yes, but only if I can stop and get spicy chili Doritos. I really, really want them.
- The bookstore gives away free 12-packs of Coke products and crazed students can drink one in a day.
- You went to get your car out of the parking ramp Sunday night at midnight when you don't have to pay anymore after 10 p.m. and there were still a zillion cars there.
- Your friend goes to get sushi and mistakenly hears the sushi chef say "Cheese-less?" And of course she answers "Did you just say cheese-less?" Then they tell her that obviously she has been studying for finals too long.
- You must get to the SC at 7:30 a.m. to secure a table in the commons. And you put your bag on it and reserve it for the whole day.
- Everyone looks slightly crazy from so much sleep deprivation.
- You randomly start laughing in the middle of nothing because of nothing. You are crazy.
- You make 3 new friends because you will talk to anyone.
- You have discovered several new websites including dearblankpleaseblank.com and failbook.com that you check regularly. And read every update.
I really want to go home. The ramp closes at midnight. So I'm peacing out!