Here is one of those things that I thought up one day and said to myself "That would make a great post!"
I have a lot of time to myself while I'm on the bike or in the pool or running. Although with the latter I am usually listening to music so I can zone out a bit more. With all that time I have a lot of thinking to do. Solving the world's problems, attempting to solve my own problems (hahahaha, impossible) and singing to myself. I've also had some interesting thoughts to share with you.
Thoughts from triathlon training
- Ugh, I wonder how many bugs I've eaten today? What about how many I've eaten total during training? Nevermind, just thinking about it makes me wanna hurl.
- Riding my bike through the trees at dusk with my little headlight eerily reminds me of Blair Witch Project. Good thing I'm pretty fast on this thing. *note: I never saw the movies only the creepy previews*
- Oh no! I just dropped the last half of my granola bar on the ground. I wonder if it is still okay to eat? I'm so hungry and if I don't eat it I don't think I'll make it back home. The 10 second (or 1 minute rule) still applies, right? It won't kill me. I'll just blow off the dirt. And I'll hope that the dirt I see on this back country road isnn't manure. Gosh, I'm so desperate.
- Putting on skin tight bike shorts then checking yourself out in the mirror while singing "I'm sexy and I know it" is completely normal behavior.
- Okay, hello, I can see you staring out me out your car window as I am running. The windshield does not make you invisible to me. I kind of wish this would happen to you.
- Training makes me really hungry which means I need to eat more. But all this training means I have way less time to actually makes good meals. Guess I'll just eat this ice cream cone from DQ. I don't think this is working out.
- I'm becoming extremely proficient at blowing snot rockets. I don't know whether I should be impressed or disgusted.
- Sorry, I can't afford to buy new work or casual clothes because all my budget is currently being diverted towards triathlon accessories. A new running top is always in the budget.
- My social life basically consists of those who are willing to work out with me. If that doesn't work for you, maybe we can get ice cream later. (See number 6)
- Helmet hair is awesome.Just kidding.