|I got a new tri suit and this is the only picture I took all week|
Tuesday, August 13 - 29.38 mile bike with Kelly
Time: 6:00 pm, Duration: 2:03, Speed: 14.3 mph, Loc: Paul Douglas FP, Felt: good
Wednesday, August 14 - Rest
Thursday, August 15 - 20 mile bike + 4.24 mile run + 2250 yd swim
Bike Time: 5:55 pm, Duration: 1:12, Speed: 16.7 mph, Loc: Palatine Trail, Felt: great!
Run Time: 7:26 pm, Duration : 40:56, Pace: 9:40 min/min, Loc: neighborhood, Felt: not too bad for a brick workout
Swim: Time: 8:45 pm, Duration: 45:00, (200 sw, kick, pull, 3 x [75 kick, 25 sw], ladder-hard effort [100, 200, 300, 200, 100], 250 w/paddles, 200 warm down) Felt: surprisingly smooth
Friday, August 16 - 1750 yd swim
Time: 5:30 pm, Duration: 35:00, (200 sw, kick, pull, swim, 3x100 drills, 3x100 on 1:35, 250 w/ paddles, 100 warm down), Felt: great!
Saturday, August 17 - 4.23 mile bike + 1.82 mile run
Bike Time: 8:45 am, Duration: ~15:00 easy warm up, Felt: loose and ready to go
Run Time: 9:30 am, Duration: ~15:00 easy warm up, Felt: easy peasy
Sunday, August 18 Pigman Half Ironman!!
Totals - 7 sessions + 1 big race, 43.94 miles, 5.8 hours
- 2 swims, 4000 yds, about 1.3 hours
- 3 bikes, 53.61 miles, 3.5 hours
- 2 runs, 6.06 miles, .9 hours
- I got in one last ride with Kelly before my big race! I traded her a few ears of sweet corn for Powerbar and other goodies.
- I took an extra rest day on Wednesday because I felt like my body needed it. At this stage, rest trumps more miles.
- Typical taper feelings were definitely hanging around: feeling like I gained 5 pounds, bloated, antsy, and nervous
- My bike made a visit to the bike store to get the gears adjusted for the race. They've been whining a bit but now they sound great. The tech also re-wrapped my handle bar tape that was starting to gap which was a nice perk.