Races/Events participated in: 14
Races "raced": 7
Volunteered at: 3
Miles raced: ~542
Half Marathon: 2
Sprint Triathlon: 2
Olympic Triathlon: 1
Half Ironman: 2
200 mile relay: 1
50 mile bike: 1
Metric Century: 3
New to me distance: Marathon
States run in: Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin
Hottest Race: Great Illini Challenge (95 degrees with a heat index of 105 + very little shade and running during the hottest part of the day) also so hot that my phone overheated
|But I still got this trophy|
Windiest Race: toss up between Potosi Brewery Ride and the Udder Century
Longest: Ragnar Relay
Races for free: 3!
Race entries I paid for others: 1 for Matt
Total spent: $740.87
Average cost per race ($740/14): $52.92
Average cost per mile ($740/542): $1.37
Cheapest Race: Arlington 500 bike ride ($10) and South Shore Half Marathon ($20 day of)
Most expensive race: Great Illini Challenge ($166.63)
Participation medals: 7
Age Group medals: 1
10k* - 56:56
Half Marathon - 2:00:10
Marathon* - 4:22:23
Sprint Tri - 1:25:10 (the distances all vary but I had faster paces)
Olympic Tri - 3:00:51
Half Ironman - 6:08:29
*indicates new to me distance
Placed in Age Group: 2
Races run alone: 5
Races run with others: 9 (did not necessarily run next to but met up with)
-Kelly, Kim, Rachel, Erin, Laura, Heather, Lauren, Matt, coworkers at Ragnar, lots of bloggers at Venus de Miles + many others I'm sure I'm forgetting now
|At the South Shore Half in Milwaukee|
Races run without music: 9
Races run in costume: 0 - must change in 2014!
|Just because the back says "DIG THE BIG PIG GIG"|
|Herky all the way|
|Udder Century and the cows|
|Ragnar 3rd leg over|
|I still need a picture of us in our matching trisuits|
- I lost one pair of sunglasses due to a bat this year. In addition to the bat I saw 4 weasels, a snake, 2 opossum, many deer, and plenty of other animals this year.
- I ran with a lot of friends this year for training runs and I loved it. I need to do this more.
- I was very close to a lot of my goals this year including breaking 2 hours in the half marathon and breaking 3 hours in the Olympic triathlon. I know I can get there but 2014 is going to be focused on the Ironman so I don't know if it will happen this year.
- I'm still getting faster and I can push myself harder than I think. Mental strength will be important this year!
- I spent countless dollars on new equipment and clothing. Next year I should track that. On second thought, maybe that's not a good idea.
- I participated in 6 more races than in 2012 (14 vs. 8) and only spent about $40 more. I've already spent over $700 for 2014 though.
- No injuries this year!