Week 14 - Build 1 Week 1
Monday, June 23 - Rest (Cubs game)
Tuesday, June 24 - 7.11 ME run
Muscular Endurance Run, Time: 7:08 pm, 3x8 min intervals (9:17, 9:13, 8:39 min/mile pace) with 2 min easy between, Duration: 1:10:28, Pace: 9:55, Loc: Great Western Trail, Felt: Strong
Wednesday, June 25 - 2400yd Swim + 1.5 hr ME trainer ride
SS+ME+AE swim, Time: 6:48 am, 6x50 descending WU, 4x350 Muscular endurance sets (1:35, 1:36, 1:37, 1:35), 600 swim zone 2, 100 kick, Duration: 44:27, Pace: 1:40/100yd, Loc: LA Fitness LZ, Felt: Good
Muscular endurance ride, Time: 7:24 pm, 30 min WU, 3x7 ME interval at zone 4 w/ 3 min spin between, Duration: 1:33:07, Mileage: ~25, Loc: Home, Felt: Sweaty!
Thursday, June 26 - 50 min strength
Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD, Time: 9:06 pm, Duration: 50:34, Loc: Home, Felt: Wiped but the workout went okay
Friday, June 27 - Rest - picked up a bike and went to book club instead
Saturday, June 28 - Rest - my allergies were kicking my butt so I skipped my long run
Sunday, June 29 - 85.52 mi ride + 2600yd Swim
Time: 8:23 am, Duration: 5:11:00, Speed: 16.5 mph, Loc: Glen Ellyn towards Dekalb, Felt: Headwind on the way out but felt good coming back in. I could have used more water and I need to start eating sooner.
Time: 6:50 pm, 550 WU, 6x50 hard, 200 kick, 200 pull, 1000 steady, 200 kick, 150 WD, Duration: 48:00, Pace: 1:40/100yd, Location: LA Fitness Glendale, Felt: Good
Totals - 6 sessions, 95.18 miles, 10.2 hours
- 2 swims, 5000 yds, 1.5 hours
- 2 rides, ~110 mi, 6.7 hours
- 1 run, 7.11 mi, 1.2 hours
- 1 strength, 0.8 hours
Week 15 - Build 1 Week 2
Monday, June 30 - 55 min strength
Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD, Time: 6:30 pm, Duration: 55:00, Loc: Home, Felt: Hot!
Tuesday, July 1 - Rest
Wednesday, July 2 - Bike fitting
Thursday, July 3 - 2350yd swim
Muscular Endurance swim, Time: 3:20 pm, 600 WU, 4x300 ME sets, 400 w/paddles, 150 WD, Duration: 44:56, Pace: 1:40/100yd, Loc: LA Fitness LZ, Felt: Good
Friday, July 4 - 32 mi ride w/ Matt
Time: 11:46 am, Duration: 2:04:37, Speed: 15.4 mph, Loc: Cascade to Bernard Rd., Felt: Great!
Saturday, July 5 - Rest
Sunday, July 6 - 32.91 mi ride w/Matt
Time: 10:20 am, Duration: 2:07:54, Speed: 15.4 mph, Loc: Cascade to Bernard Rd., Felt: Got a late start and disappointed with the distance I put in
Totals - 4 session, 66.02 miles, 5.9 hours
- 1 swim, 2350 yds, 0.8 hours
- 2 rides, 65 mi, 4.2 hours
- 1 strength, 0.9 hours
- I feel pretty satisfied with week 14. Was it perfect? No. I should not have skipped the long run, but I think the rest day on Friday was warranted because I felt exhausted.
- My allergies are trying to kill me. I think this might be the worst they've ever been. My eyes itch so incredibly bad and the amount of allergy pills I am taking is astounding. I have a doctors appointment next week and I hope I can get some good solutions because the current method is not working.
- My fiance moved in last Monday. I took a few too many days off to enjoy my time with him and help organize his stuff.
- I've been working too much again lately. Tuesday I worked for 11 hours and that didn't leave me with any energy to train.
- I finally went in for my bike fitting! It feels a little different but I am happy with the changes. I think it will make for a more comfortable 112 mile ride.
- I am going to cut back on the trips I make to Cascade on the weekends. It is a struggle to get in workouts while I am there because I want to spend time with people. Of course I say this when I have to travel to a wedding this coming weekend.
- We had our engagement pictures on Sunday. I am excited to see how they turned out! We were originally supposed to start pictures at 5 pm but the forecast wasn't great so we moved it up to 2:30. That's part of the reason we cut the Sunday ride so short. That plus that we accidentally slept in way too late that morning.
- I'm feeling a little better about my training albeit not great. This week is off to a better start! I just need to figure out how to get a long ride and run in this weekend as we will be in Des Moines for a wedding!